Running Physical TherapyStride Strong PT commits itself to be the #1 resource for runners with injuries in Portland. Our gyms and our therapists are fully equipped and experienced to deal with anything related to running. We understand the pressure behind needing to recover before marathon race day. We also sympathize with the feeling of not being able to enjoy running at its fullest because of pain. But the pain need not be long-lasting – just take a look at our statistics.
Typical running injuries we see at Stride Strong:
- ITB Syndrome – recovers within 2-5 visits* @ Stride Strong
- Knee pain (“Runner’s Knee”) – recovers in 4-8 visits* @ Stride Strong
- Calf strains – recovers in 3-6 visits* @ Stride Strong
- Shin splints – recovers in 2-8 visits* @ Stride Strong
- Acute Achilles tendinitis – recovers in 2-8 visits* @ Stride Strong
- Hip flexor strains – recovers in 4-8 visits* @ Stride Strong
- Plantar fasciitis – recovers in 6-10 visits* @ Stride Strong
* Results obtained from typical presentation of symptoms. Runner patients show due diligence to Home Exercise regime and have regular PT attendance.
Our Physical Therapists
We are equipped with the knowledge and experience of being both runners and running physical therapists. Our knowledge of gait mechanics and running injuries allow us to hone in on specific treatments and activity modification so you can get back to running again.
- Our physical therapists understand the various demands and culture behind running such as: race events, mileage, pace, form, terrain and nutrition and we are more poised to discuss how these variables could influence you on your road to recovery.
- We also have several trusted referrals in our network that we can send you to for extra guidance if the need arises: Sports Medicine physicians, Orthopedic doctors, Orthotists, Nutritionists, Shoewear specialists.
... and more...
We provide additional adjunct services to support the runner and triathlete: