Hey there! So you’re curious about how to get a thigh gap, right? We totally understand! Whether it’s for strutting your stuff on the beach or just feeling fabulous in your favorite pair of jeans, a thigh gap can be a confidence booster.
But let’s be honest: achieving a thigh gap is not a one-size-fits-all journey. It’s about working with your unique body shape and embracing the beauty that you already possess.
In this ultimate guide on how to get a thigh gap, we’ll explore different tips, exercises, and lifestyle changes that can help you on your way to achieving your goal.
Just remember, it’s essential to prioritize your health and well-being over aesthetics, so let’s dive in and discover how to get a thigh gap in a healthy and body-positive way!
A thigh gap is the space between the inner thighs that appears when one stands with their feet pressed together.
Some people have it because of their specific genetic predispositions, bone structure, amount and location of fat.
Thigh gaps are usually the feature of skinny girls and women!
What’s the Deal with Thigh Gaps?
Thigh gaps burst onto the scene back in 2012, thanks to a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show that showcased this look. Social media latched onto the trend, and the thigh gap became a much-coveted feature among many women.
Want a Thigh Gap?
Here’s the Scoop! Keep in mind that a thigh gap is a natural body trait that can’t be achieved by crash dieting. If your goal is to slim down your thighs for those snug jeans or to avoid the annoyance of thigh chafing, we’ve got your back with safe and effective methods to help you out.
Though exercises may not result in a natural thigh gap, they will help strengthen and tone your inner thighs. With time and commitment, these exercises can reduce fat in the area.
Here are 9 awesome exercises to tone those inner thighs:
1. Sumo Squats
They excel at targeting inner thigh (adductor) muscles while also engaging the hamstrings, glutes, quads, and calves.
- Start by standing with your legs wide apart and your feet pointing outwards.
- Place your hands either behind your head or in front of your chest.
- Maintain a straight back as you lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Ensure your knees stay above your ankles throughout the exerci
- Repeat 20 time
2. Side-Lying Leg Raises
A fantastic Pilates exercise for toning thighs, abs, and hips.
- Begin by lying down on one side, propping yourself up with your elbow.
- Rest your hands on the floor for added support.
- Start raising your top leg while keeping your body in a straight line.
- Complete 20 reps and then switch sides to work the other leg.
3. Side-Lying Inner Thigh Raises
Yet another Pilates move that targets your inner thighs while working the glutes and outer thighs, and boosting stability through core engagement.
- Start by lying on one side and supporting yourself with your elbow.
- Keep your lower leg straight while crossing your top leg over it.
- Flex your lower foot and begin lifting the leg.
- Perform 20 reps and switch sides to repeat the exercise.
4. Dynamic Side Lunges
Working your entire body, including inner thighs, glutes, hamstrings, and quads, side lunges increase strength, mobility, and stability.
- Start with your legs spread apart.
- Take a large step to the right, bending your right knee while keeping it over your ankle.
- Lower your body toward your right leg, stretching your left leg out.
- Hold for two seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, completing ten reps per side.
5. Elevated Bridge Raises
This move targets inner and outer thighs, glutes, and helps tone while enhancing balance.
- Begin with your knees bent and feet firmly on the floor.
- Press both arms onto the floor for stability.
- Raise your pelvis, ensuring your shoulders remain on the floor.
- Perform 20 repetitions of this exercise.
6. Bridge with Exercise Ball Squeeze
Enhance the classic bridge raise by incorporating an exercise ball squeeze, specifically targeting your inner thighs.
- Set up as you would for bridge raises.
- Place a small exercise ball between your knees.
- Elevate your pelvis and squeeze the ball to activate your inner thigh muscles.
- Complete 20 repetitions.
7. Energetic Jumping Jacks
This full-body cardio workout is a favorite among fitness trainers for burning inner thigh fat.
- Stand up straight.
- Jump while extending your legs and arms outward.
- Land back in the starting position. Perform 20 reps.
8. Dynamic Crossover Scissor Kicks
While primarily focusing on lower abs, crossover scissor kicks also tone the inner thighs.
- Position your hands under your bottom.
- Move your legs in a crisscross motion, keeping them straight and tight.
- Repeat the movement 20 times.
9. Butterfly Stretches
This is a good exercise to end your session because it stretches the worked-out inner thigh muscles and relaxes your whole body.
- Sit with your back straight.
- Spread your legs and bend them in the knees, pressing your feet together.
- Bring your heels as close to your pelvis as possible.
- Gently move your thighs up and down ten times.
- Finally, bend your head and upper body towards your feet to feel your inner thighs stretching.
These exercises are designed to tone flabby thigh muscles. Though firm inner thighs are not the same as a thigh gap, they contribute to a lean and attractive-looking figure. Working out this area will also help you strengthen your core and leg joints and maintain bone health.
Achieving a Thigh Gap with CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive, FDA-approved fat-freezing treatment designed to target and eliminate stubborn pockets of fat in various areas, including the outer and inner thighs. The procedure involves using controlled cooling to target fat cells beneath the skin, causing them to freeze, shrink, and eventually die. Over the following weeks, your body naturally disposes of dead fat cells.
What Are the Benefits?
- Recontour your body without surgery or needles
- Suitable for both men and women
- Minimal to no downtime required
- Proven safety with over 11 million treatments worldwide
- Reduces fat cells by 20-25%
- Natural-looking results without drastic changes
When Can You Expect Results?
Full results from CoolSculpting don’t appear instantly; your body needs time to process and eliminate the fat cells naturally. You may begin to see improvements as early as four to six weeks after treatment, with more noticeable results appearing around 14 to 16 weeks. Over a period of 3-6 months post-treatment, your body will continue to flush out the dead fat cells.
Thigh Gap with EMSculpt Neo
EMSculpt Neo is a groundbreaking treatment that combines electromagnetic energy with radiofrequency (RF) stimulation to simultaneously destroy fat cells and build muscle, resulting in a truly transformative outcome.
What Are the Benefits?
- Noticeable gains without surgery, gym sessions, or downtime
- Non-surgical and non-invasive approach
- 25% average increase in muscle mass
- 30% average reduction in fat
- Sculpts and tones arms, legs, makes buttocks bigger, and abdomen
When Can You Expect Results?
While a thigh gap can’t be achieved overnight, with EMSculpt Neo, you can expect impressive muscle-building and fat-reduction results in as little as one month! To maintain long-lasting results, be sure to exercise regularly and maintain a balanced diet.
1. Can Everyone Get a Thigh Gap?
It’s essential to understand that a thigh gap isn’t a realistic goal for everyone. Our body types, bone structure, and genetics play a significant role in determining whether or not we can achieve a thigh gap.
Some people naturally have wider hips, which make a thigh gap more likely, while others have narrower hips, making it nearly impossible to achieve one without resorting to unhealthy practices.
Instead of striving for a thigh gap, it’s more beneficial to focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly, and loving your body as it is. Remember, what’s most important is feeling good in your own skin and being healthy overall.
2. Should Your Thighs Touch?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to whether your thighs should touch or not. Everyone’s body is unique, and what is normal for one person might not be for another. Thighs touching or not touching is largely determined by factors such as genetics, body composition, and bone structure.
It’s perfectly normal for thighs to touch, and it’s also normal for some people to have a gap between their thighs. The focus should be on maintaining a healthy body weight, staying active, and embracing your body’s unique shape and size.
3. Is It Ok if I Dont Have a Thigh Gap?
Absolutely, it’s OK if you don’t have a thigh gap! It’s essential to remember that everyone’s body is different, and the presence or absence of a thigh gap does not determine your beauty or health. Factors like genetics, bone structure, and muscle distribution play a significant role in whether or not someone has a thigh gap.
What’s truly important is focusing on maintaining a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise, balanced nutrition, and self-care. Embrace your body’s unique shape and size, and remember that there’s no “ideal” body type that everyone should strive for.
4. Is Thigh Size Genetic?
Yes, thigh size can be influenced by genetics. Just like other aspects of your body, the size and shape of your thighs are determined by a combination of factors, including genetics, hormonal balance, and lifestyle choices. Your genes play a role in how your body stores fat, the width of your hip bones, and the distribution of your muscle mass.
While you can’t change your genetic makeup, it’s important to remember that lifestyle choices, such as a balanced diet and regular exercise, can also impact the appearance of your thighs. By focusing on staying active and eating well, you can help to maintain a healthy and toned physique, regardless of your genetic predisposition.
Thigh gap has become a sought-after beauty standard for some individuals.
We’ve offered safe and healthy advice for toning and strengthening your body and inner thighs, so you can feel confident and gorgeous without compromising your well-being.
Embrace your journey towards a fitter you while remembering that true beauty lies in self-acceptance and good health.