So, you’ve decided you want to achieve thicker thighs, but you’re not quite sure how to get there?
You’re in the right place! Embracing the journey to stronger, more powerful legs can be fun and rewarding.
In this playful guide, we’ll explore various tips and tricks for building thicker thighs, and before you know it, you’ll be strutting your stuff with newfound confidence.
To get those thighs growing, we’ll dive into a mix of strength training exercises designed specifically for your quads and hamstrings.
Stick with us, and we promise to make your journey to thicker thighs a fun and enjoyable experience. Just remember, consistency is key, and with a little patience and determination, you’ll be rocking those powerful legs in no time.
Can Cardio Exercises Give You Bigger Thighs?
Cardio exercises can certainly help sculpt your thighs, but if you’re looking to increase their size, you’ll need a bit more magic in your workout potion.
You see, cardio isn’t known for inducing muscle hypertrophy, the enchanting process where muscle fibers break down and rebuild, resulting in larger muscles.
Don’t fret, though! While cardio can assist in trimming away unwanted fat and revealing your marvelous thighs, you’ll want to incorporate strength training exercises, like squats and lunges, to really boost your muscle mass. These power moves target all the key players in your thighs: the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes.
Sprinkling in some isolated leg exercises with weights adds even more definition and shape to your thighs, making them look like the legs of a superhero.
So, does cardio have a role in your thigh-growing workout adventure? Absolutely! Cardio can help increase blood flow to your muscles, aiding in recovery and growth. Plus, it’ll help whisk away any extra fat on your thighs, showcasing their true magnificence.
The secret recipe for success? A delightful mix of both cardio and strength training in your workout routine to achieve the best overall results.
What Determines Thigh Size?
The size of your thighs is mostly determined by your bone structure (genetics), as well as the proportion and distribution of both fat and muscle mass.
Your thighs are made of:
- Your femur (thigh bone)
- Muscle (e.g., quadriceps, hamstrings, adductors)
- Connective tissue (e.g., fascia, ligaments, tendons)
- Stored fat
- Arteries and veins
Depending on your genetics and hormone levels, you may store more or less fat in your thighs and buttocks. The two main body types include gynoid (pear-shaped) and android (apple-shaped).
Those with gynoid body types tend to store fatter and muscle in their thighs and buttocks, while those with android body types store more fat in the abdomen or stomach. Typically, females have higher gynoid fat storage due to higher estrogen levels.
It’s important to note that you cannot choose where you store fat on your body. Instead, the main way to increase the size of your thighs is via building muscle, whi
Workout To Build Up Your Upper Leg Muscles
If you’re on a quest to build fabulous thighs and a stunning butt, it’s essential to befriend the muscles that hold the key to your success.
The butt is home to one of the mightiest muscles in the human body, the gluteus maximus, which reigns supreme in size and strength.
Two smaller, yet equally important, muscles also reside in the kingdom of the butt: the gluteus medius and gluteus minimus.
To achieve a more magnificent butt, it’s crucial to challenge these muscles during your routine workouts, encouraging them to grow and flourish.
With the right exercises and a sprinkle of determination, you’ll unlock the secret to a glorious lower-body transformation. Some basic exercises to develop a strong lower body include:
This exercise is always the first in line to help you fast-track your lower body muscle growth.
There are various types of lunges. Keep on reading to find out more about them:
a. Static Lunges
- Stand upright and step forward with your right or left foot.
- Go into a kneeling position but make sure the bent knee is behind the toes of the front leg.
- Make sure to keep your back straight and tighten your abs.
- Do not stiffen the knees at any point during the exercise.
- Repeat this up-and-down motion of the knee legs three times at intervals.
b. Deadlift Lunges
- Take a wide step forward with one foot.
- Hold a suitable weight in both hands and lift to your chest.
- Go down on your knees and make sure your back is straight while getting down.
- Return slowly to the starting position.
- Repeat this motion about 8 to 10 times for each leg. Also, repeat the process 2-3 times at intervals.
2. The Squat
This is an essential exercise, especially for those who want to round out, tone up or lift up their derriere.
There are limitless squat variations that quite frankly might confuse a person who’s just starting to delve into the world of fitness.
That’s why we picked out the most tried-and-true squats out there so you could get down to working that booty right away:
a. Basic Squats
This type is for complete amateurs.
- Stand upright with your feet moderately apart.
- Tighten the abs as you bend down into a position like you want to sit in a chair.
- Ensure the back is straight, and the head is kept up. Stretch the arms forward for balance.
- Maintain this sit-like position for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Do not stiffen the knees while standing.
- Repeat the motion for about 8-14 times.
b. Wall Sit
This type does not involve an up and down movement of the body like in regular squats. All you need is a wall, like the name implies.
- Look for a wall and stand upright with your back to it.
- Ensure you are standing at a distance that allows you to lean against the wall.
- In your leaning position, extend the legs so that it appears as though you are sitting in an invisible chair.
- You can increase the challenge by holding suitable weights in each hand.
3. Hip Extensions
The gluteus maximus and hamstring muscles take center stage during this exciting workout adventure.
To give these stars the spotlight they deserve, here are some essential hip extension exercises you can joyfully dive into:
a. Donkey Kicks
This exercise mostly builds up butt muscles and in addition, spurs the growth of hamstring muscles.
- Start by kneeling, then stretch out the back horizontally by placing the hands on the floor.
- Ensure your arms are straight with both palms on the ground.
- Make sure the knees form a right angle between the thighs and the lower legs.
- Lift your left leg and ensure the knees retain the right angle.
- Do not raise the knee beyond your back.
- Once the thigh and the knees form a straight line with the back, maintain this position for some time before bringing the knee slowly to the floor.
- Repeat this process on the left leg for about 12 times before you switch to the right leg and repeat it.
b. Glute Bridge
This delightful exercise not only sculpts your beautiful butt but also adds some pizzazz to your hip flexibility. As you gracefully lift your booty from the floor, you’ll feel the stretch and strengthen your hip stamina.
Simultaneously, your hip extensors will enjoy a boost in flexibility, making them dance with joy.
So, are you ready to uncover the step-by-step plan for this magical move?
- Lay flat on your back and bend your knees.
- Spread the feet slightly and bring them close to the butt.
- Lift your hips off the ground by sinking your heels into the ground and squeezing the butt.
- Maintain this position when the hip is at the highest from the ground.
- Return the hips slowly to the ground.
- Repeat this motion of the hip as many times as your body allows.
Embarking on a journey to fabulous thighs involves striking a harmonious balance between energizing exercise and nourishing your body with wholesome food.
As you work up a sweat, your body craves the power to fuel your growing muscles, which means consuming more food than you’re burning.
Crafting a diet plan that supports your increased activity and muscle growth is essential to your success.
You may be wondering, “how many calories do I need?” Fear not! A nutritionist, doctor, or trainer can be your trusty sidekick, helping you navigate every twist and turn of your fitness quest while ensuring your health remains a top priority.
These experts will consider your current weight, activity level, nutritional needs, and overall health before crafting the perfect plan for you.
If you’re eager to learn the secret to thicker thighs through eating, the key is to increase your food intake thoughtfully.
Rather than indulging in junk food or other unhealthy options, focus on protein-rich treasures like yogurt, soybeans, eggs, tuna, chicken, salmon, and peanuts.
These nutrient-dense delights will help your muscles grow and thrive, turning your dream of thicker thighs into a reality.
Thicker Thighs And A Bigger Booty
First things first, it’s essential to recognize that there’s no enchanted shortcut to building muscles without giving them a proper workout.
Knowing the roles that your thighs and calves play, and discovering how to achieve thicker thighs for improved performance in everyday activities, will make the entire process a delightful dance.
With that in mind, here are some simple yet magical exercises that will help you embark on a fantastic journey toward incredible thigh and booty gains:
Single-Leg Hip Thrusts
- Lay with your back on the floor while your left foot rests on the seat of a chair or on a weight bench.
- Stretch your right leg to face the ceiling.
- Raise your hips from the floor as far as you can go as you push through your left foot.
- Once up, take some rest and gradually bring your hips back to the floor.
- Repeat the process on each side for about 10 to 20 times.
This is a squat, which if done correctly, works on the muscles of the thighs, butts and hips.
- Stand upright with feet moderately apart forming a V shape.
- Ensure your back and shoulders are kept straight.
- Go towards the ground as low as possible in a sit-like position.
- At the lowest point, maintain this position for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Repeat this up and down motion 10 to 20 times.
Side Step-Ups With Sidekicks
This routine develops the muscles of the lower legs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Stand in front of an immovable chair or bench.
- Place your right foot on the elevated surface.
- Lift your left leg as high as possible towards or beyond the height of the right leg.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the motion on the other leg.
- Repeat this process for about 10 to 20 times on each leg.
- Kneel, then stretch your back horizontally by placing your palms on the floor.
- Lift your right knee from the ground and stretch the thigh out by opening the hips to the side.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat this motion on the right leg for about 10 to 20 times.
- Switch to the left leg and repeat the process.
What Foods Make Your Thighs Thicker?
These magical ingredients will help you build muscle and strengthen your thighs:
- Lean protein sources: Treat yourself to chicken, turkey, fish, and tofu to fuel your muscles and support growth.
- Dairy delights: Enjoy Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and milk to provide your body with essential proteins and nutrients.
- Legumes and beans: Beans, lentils, and chickpeas offer plant-based protein that contributes to muscle growth.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, and flaxseeds pack a powerful punch of healthy fats and protein.
- Whole grains: Brown rice, quinoa, and whole-grain pasta provide energy and essential nutrients for muscle development.
- Fruits and veggies: Indulge in a rainbow of fruits and vegetables to ensure you’re getting essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Healthy fats: Avocado, olive oil, and fatty fish, like salmon, are fabulous sources of healthy fats to support muscle growth.
How Long Does It Take to Get Bigger Thighs?
The enchanting journey to bigger thighs varies from person to person, as it depends on factors like your starting point, genetics, workout routine, and nutrition.
Typically, with a consistent and well-structured exercise plan combined with a protein-rich diet, you may begin to see noticeable changes in your thigh size and strength in as little as 4 to 6 weeks.
What Is a Healthy Thigh Size?
Generally speaking, 20-inch thighs are pretty normal for adult men and women. According to body measurement data from the US Department of Health Statistics, the average thigh circumference is 20.2 inches (51.3 cm) for men and 19.7 inches (50.1 cm) for women.
The Bottom Line
Your thighs are like magical wands that power your daily movements. They transport you from one enchanting destination to another, assist in lifting mighty objects, and bolster your athletic prowess.
Keep in mind that your thighs’ size is largely influenced by the whims of genetics and the distribution of muscle and fat. Instead of fixating on their size, let’s celebrate their function and strength, as these are the true markers of a healthy and happy body.
So, focus on conjuring strength-training exercises and feasting on a protein-rich diet to help build muscle, amplify strength, and enhance overall movement.
Your thighs are a unique gift, and it’s time to cherish them.